Locally, Pepsi-Cola Memphis Bottling Co. Inc. will be celebrating over 79 years of service to you, our customers. Their story began in 1929, when J. Harold and Muriel A. Johnson started their first bottling operation at 204 S. Market in Memphis, MO. They operated under the name of "Memphis Bottling Works" for several years. In 1936 they were granted a Pepsi-Cola franchise.
The company incorporated in 1956 and changed its name to "Pepsi-Cola Memphis Bottling Company, Inc." By 1958 their son, John H. Johnson, Jr., joined them in the business. In 1963, land was purchased for Pepsi's present location. In the fall of 1964, the building was completed and Pepsi moved into its new home at 520 East Grand Avenue. The company also has warehouses in Keokuk, IA and Kirksville, MO. In 1983 Mike Johnson began working in the family business as a third generation bottler. Since then his sisters have also become active in the business. Lori Al-Jundi joined the company in the Kirksville office in 1989. Dana Bondurant serves on the Board of Directors while maintaining her own business.
What started as a less than five man operation has grown to employ over 50 people serving an eight and a half county area in Missouri and Iowa.